We have selected several further reviews that are recommended reading for anyone interested in this area:
- Lab-on-a-Chip Technology two volumes of methods and technologies read more ...
- Applications of Molecular Microbiological Methods presents emerging molecular methods read more ...
- Proteomics is a comprehensive review of targeted proteomics in biomedical science read more ...
- Molecular Diagnostics covers pathogen detection and cancer diagnostics read more ...
- Omics in Soil Science describes the application of metagenomics, metatranscriptomics and proteomics to soil science read more ...
- Real-Time PCR an invaluable reference to a wide-range of PCR technologies and applications read more ...
- Bionanotechnology is a survey of the most successful approaches for the production of biogenic nanodevices read more ...
Also recommended are three publications for everyone involved in sequence data analysis, bioinformatics, next-generation sequencing and genome analysis.
- Applications of Molecular Microbiological Methods includes sections on the oil and gas industry and of particular interest is the chapter by Gieg Budwill on methane production in oil reservoirs read more ...
- The Cell Biology of Cyanobacteria is a comprehensive review of cyanobacteria biology and includes information relevant to their application use as microbial cell factories for biofuels read more ...
- Neurospora Genomics and Molecular Biology covers applications to industrial biology, biofuels, agriculture, and human health read more ...
- Extremophiles Microbiology and Biotechnology covers the applications of these organisms in the generation of sustainable energy and in the oil industry read more ...
- Bacterial Polysaccharides reviews the biotechnological applications of bacterial polysaccharides in medicine, the food industry and renewable energy production read more ...
We also suggest recommended reading for bioinformatics and data analysis.
Hardback: ISBN 978-1-908230-45-4 £159, $319. Ebook: ISBN 978-1-908230-63-8 £159, $319
Covers the production of different biofuel molecules, including hydrogen, methane, ethanol, butanol, higher chain alcohols, isoprenoids and fatty acid derivatives, from genetically engineered microbes. read more ...
Full information at Biofuels.
Hardback: ISBN 978-1-908230-31-7 £159, $319. Ebook: ISBN 978-1-908230-69-0 £159, $319
Emerging molecular methods that allow the diversity of a microbial community to be surveyed and its functions to be investigated. read more ...
Full information at Applications of Molecular Microbiological Methods.
Hardback: ISBN 978-1-908230-12-6 £159, $319. Ebook: ISBN 978-1-908230-77-5 £159, $319
"state-of-the-art review" (IMA Fungus); "a pleasure to read ... belongs in every lab that works on fungi and every academic library" (CIMB) read more ...
Full information at Neurospora.
Horizontal Gene Transfer in Microorganisms review
Caister Academic Press
Hardback: ISBN 978-1-908230-10-2 £159, $319. Ebook: ISBN 978-1-908230-72-0 £159, $319
"a valuable source of ideas, facts and references" (Microbiol. Today); "state of the art information ... up-to-date" (Int. Micro.) read more ...
Full information at Horizontal Gene Transfer in Microorganisms.
A guide to data analysis and bioinformatics
We have selected three publications published in 2014 that will be an invaluable aid for anyone involved in the data analysis required for next-generation sequencing (NGS) and genome analysis.
The first publication provides up-to-date and detailed information on various aspects of bioinformatics data analysis with applications to microbiology. It describes a number of bioinformatics tools, makes links to some wet-lab techniques, explains different approaches to tackle a problem, talks about current challenges and limitations, gives examples of applications of bioinformatics and discusses future trends read more ...
The second publication explores the most recent advances in NGS instrumentation and data analysis and describes current NGS platforms, their sequencing chemistries, instrument specifications, and general workflows and procedures. Also covered is the application of NGS technologies and data analysis in various fields including polymorphism detection, sRNA research, rare variant detection, large variant detection, exome sequencing, plant development studies, microbial metagenomics, and studies on the human microbiome read more ...
The third publication in our selection reviews the methods currently employed for NGS data analysis, highlights their problems and limitations, demonstrates the applications and indicates the developing trends in various fields of genome research. Described as an invaluable, up-to-date and comprehensive overview of the topic read more ...
We recommend these three publications for everyone involved in sequence data analysis, bioinformatics, next-generation sequencing and genome analysis.
Hardback: ISBN 978-1-908230-39-3 £159, $319. Ebook: ISBN 978-1-908230-73-7 £159, $319
Invaluable, up-to-date and detailed information on various aspects of bioinformatics data analysis with applications to microbiology. read more ...
Full information at Bioinformatics and Data Analysis in Microbiology.
Hardback: ISBN 978-1-908230-33-1 £120, $240. Ebook: ISBN 978-1-908230-95-9 £120, $240
The most recent advances in NGS instrumentation and data analysis, current NGS platforms, sequencing chemistries, instrument specifications, general workflows and procedures. read more ...
Full information at Next-generation Sequencing.
Hardback: ISBN 978-1-908230-29-4 £159, $319. Ebook: ISBN 978-1-908230-68-3 £159, $319
An up-to-date and comprehensive overview of next-generation sequencing data analysis, highlighting problems and limitations, applications and developing trends in various fields of genome research. read more ...
Full information at Genome Analysis.
Acanthamoeba book available very soon
Molecular diagnosis of cancer and infection
Essential reading for anyone involved in the development or application of molecular diagnostics read more ...
- Bacterial-Plant Interactions
- Metagenomics of the Microbial Nitrogen Cycle
- Pathogenic Neisseria
- Human Pathogenic Fungi
- Applied RNAi
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Phage Therapy
- Bioinformatics and Data Analysis in Microbiology
- The Cell Biology of Cyanobacteria
- Pathogenic Escherichia coli
- Campylobacter Ecology and Evolution
- Next-generation Sequencing
- Omics in Soil Science
- Applications of Molecular Microbiological Methods
- Genome Analysis
- Bacterial Toxins
- Bacterial Membranes
- Cold-Adapted Microorganisms