Current microbiology research, new and forthcoming publications, forthcoming conferences, hot research topics, high impact publications in microbiology, molecular biology and PCR.
Influenza book available now
The new book on Influenza edited by Qinghua Wang and Yizhi Jane Tao is available now read more ...
Methods and technology for microbiologists
Current publications on the latest methods and technology of interest to molecular biologists and microbiologists:
- Edited by: Markus Kostrzewa and Sören Schubert
- Edited by: Martin G. Wilkinson"an impressive group of experts" (ProtoView); "practical and up-to-date information" (Biotechnol. Agron. Soc. Environ.); "a variety of valuable information" (Biospektrum)
- Edited by: Jianping Xu"written in an accessible style" (Zentralblatt Math); "recommend this book to all investigators" (ChemMedChem)
- Edited by: Hideharu Shintani and Akikazu Sakudo"a nice state of the art compilation" (Doodys)
- Edited by: Maria S. Poptsova
- Edited by: Nick A. Saunders and Martin A. Lee"an invaluable reference" (Doodys); "wide range of real time PCR technologies" (Food Sci Technol Abs); "I was impressed by this text" Aus J Med Sci
- Edited by: Bernd H. A. Rehm"the most striking and successful approaches" Book News
- Edited by: Zhili He"a valuable and useful source ... recommended" (Biotechnol. Agron. Soc. Environ.); "a valuable and useful one stop source" (Fungal Diversity)
- Edited by: Manuel Fuentes and Joshua LaBaer"many excellent chapters" (Doodys)
- Edited by: Jim Huggett and Justin O'Grady"I would highly recommend this book" (Doodys); "useful new insights" (Aus. J. Med. Sci.)
- Edited by: Fabio Bagnoli and Rino Rappuoli"highly recommended as essential reading ... a recommended volume for all microbiology and medical libraries" (Fungal Diversity)
- Edited by: Özlem Taştan Bishop
- Edited by: Torben L. Skovhus, Sean M. Caffrey and Casey R.J. Hubert"A must for scientists in oil field companies" (Fungal Diversity)
- Edited by: David Rodríguez-Lázaro"I would recommend this text to anyone" (AJMS); "an excellent, detailed guide" (Emerg. Inf. Dis.)
- Edited by: Martin Filion"useful book ... filled with valuable information" (Doodys); "an outstanding book" (Fungal Diversity)
Excerpt from a book review of Arboviruses: Molecular Biology, Evolution and Control
"provides a thorough and compelling review on the current status of arbovirology ... Overall, Arboviruses: Molecular Biology, Evolution and Control is an outstanding book. An impressive team of contributors was involved in its conception, and each contributor provides an excellent review of their particular research niche. This is arguably the first comprehensive book devoted specifically to arboviruses to be published in the last few decades. The book is highly recommended for every arbovirologist whether it be a first-year graduate student or an established researcher." from Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. read more ...
Edited by: Nikos Vasilakis and Duane J. Gubler
Topics range from taxonomy and genome organization, to arbovirus diagnostics and control. Essential reading.
Virus Evolution review
Excerpt from a book review of Virus Evolution: Current Research and Future Directions
"This highly informative book, written by experts in the field, explores some thought-provoking topics and research approaches. Each of the 12 chapters opens with a helpful summary and covers the subject matter comprehensively ... The book is well organised and contains informative tables and figures that complement the text ... the book was not only highly informative but a pleasure to read" from Microbiol. Today read more ...
Edited by: Scott C. Weaver, Mark Denison, Marilyn Roossinck and Marco Vignuzzi
Addresses a wide range of current questions and research approaches at the forefront of the field and highlights recent advances in our understanding of the history and mechanisms of virus evolution.
Biofilms in Bioremediation review
Excerpt from a book review of Biofilms in Bioremediation: Current Research and Emerging Technologies
"up-to-date and authoritative reviews ... indispensable ... recommended as a reference work" from Biotechnol. Agron. Soc. Environ. read more ...
Edited by: Gavin Lear
"describes explicitly the role of biofilms in bioremediation" (Biospektrum)
Brain-eating Amoebae review
Excerpt from a book review of Brain-eating Amoebae: Biology and Pathogenesis of Naegleria fowleri
"explains the current knowledge and research on the parasite" from ProtoView read more ...
Author: Ruqaiyyah Siddiqui, Ibne Karim M. Ali, Jennifer R. Cope and Naveed Ahmed Khan
A concise guide on Naegleria fowleri for clinical practitioners, health professionals, researchers and students.
- Brain-eating Amoebae
- Foot and Mouth Disease Virus
- Microbial Biodegradation
- MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry in Microbiology
- Aspergillus and Penicillium in the Post-genomic Era
- The Bacteriocins
- Omics in Plant Disease Resistance
- Climate Change and Microbial Ecology
- Biofilms in Bioremediation
- Gas Plasma Sterilization in Microbiology
- Virus Evolution
- Aquatic Biofilms
- Thermophilic Microorganisms
- Flow Cytometry in Microbiology
- Probiotics and Prebiotics
- Corynebacterium glutamicum
- Advanced Vaccine Research Methods for the Decade of Vaccines
- Bacteria-Plant Interactions