Our Permissions Policy
Caister Academic Press, Horizon Scientific Press, and Horizon Bioscience do not charge for and grant use without requiring your copyright permission request for:
- Original authors wanting to reproduce figures and tables of their own work in journal articles, book chapters, theses or dissertations.
- Others wanting to reproduce figures and tables from our journals or books provided they also obtain permission from the original author(s).
- Authors wanting to reproduce or republish their own work in theses or dissertations.
- Reproduction or republication of abstracts.
Provided full reference is made to the original source.
(This permission is void if Caister Academic Press, Horizon Scientific Press, or Horizon Bioscience do not own the copyright)
You must pay to photocopy any portion of our books or journals. Payment for photocopies should normally be made through the Copyright Clearance Center (USA), the Copyright Licencing Agency (UK) or the equivalent organisation in your own country. However you can instead make payments direct to the publisher using our payment form
We grant libraries and individuals permission to make photocopies of copyrighted materials from journals and books published by Caister Academic Press, Horizon Scientific Press, or Horizon Bioscience for academic use provided appropriate payment is made. This permission is for you to make single copies of individual pages, articles or chapters. The photocopied material may not be scanned, transmitted by email, ftp, web, internet, or any other means electronic or otherwise.
Note that this is permission to make a single copy and IS NOT permission to publish or reprint any material in another book, journal, or other publication.
Payment is requested at the following rates:
Material from a book or journal: US$ 5.00 per page OR GBP 2.50 per page
- Aquatic Biofilms
- Thermophilic Microorganisms
- Flow Cytometry in Microbiology
- Probiotics and Prebiotics
- Corynebacterium glutamicum
- Advanced Vaccine Research Methods for the Decade of Vaccines
- Bacteria-Plant Interactions
- Metagenomics of the Microbial Nitrogen Cycle
- Pathogenic Neisseria
- Human Pathogenic Fungi
- Applied RNAi
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Phage Therapy
- Bioinformatics and Data Analysis in Microbiology
- The Cell Biology of Cyanobacteria
- Pathogenic Escherichia coli
- Campylobacter Ecology and Evolution